The Ontake Method from Japan is an innovative technique using a piece of bamboo filled with burning moxa wool to roll, tap and press on the acupuncture meridians using a metronome programmed to each meridian’s frequency.
The rhythmic application of heat, frequency and pressure triggers rapid shifts in your patients’ body condition and mood.
The method can be integrated into any meridian based practice, whatever your style of acupuncture or body work may be.
A gentle blend of smoke, warmth, rhythm, resonance and presence
Ontake Warm Bamboo is a moxibustion technique with two additional components: pressure and rhythm. A short piece of bamboo is filled with moxa wool. When the moxa is ignited, the bamboo gets hot and can be applied to the skin. The bamboo can be held, tapped, pressed or rolled rhythmically along the acupuncture channels and on specific points. Most importantly, with the use of a metronome, these techniques can be applied rhythmically at specific frequencies of beats per minute, namely, Dr Manaka’s meridian frequencies.
The treatment can be used as a branch treatment to augment acupuncture root treatment or as a non-pattern based root treatment in its own right. The rhythmic application of heat has proved extremely relaxing and can be used for stress relief, to soften tight muscles, relieve pain, and improve the movement and function of Qi and Blood.
By the end of this class you will be able to:
- Systematically palpate the channels and note significant reactions
- Load bamboo with moxa and light it safely
- Perform tapping, touching and closing, rolling, standing, rocking, pressing, leaning, vibrating and knocking techniques with heated bamboo
- List and apply the frequencies for each meridian
- Apply a whole body warm bamboo treatment to strengthen the root
- Describe Japanese acupuncture concepts of dosage and recognize sensitive patients
- Remedy overtreatment using Ontake
- Treat pain: select treatment channels according to the Ontake matrix and different holographic images of the body on the arms and legs
- Apply warm bamboo to treat a broad range of conditions including headache, neck pain, back pain, knee pain, constipation, diarrhoea, stress, depression and anxiety,
Listen in to this podcast with Oran on the using the Ontake Warm Bamboo Method
A unique opportunity to study and learn
Join us in Seattle
Seattle Institute of East Asian Medicine
226 South Orcas, St
Seattle, Wa 98108
May 2-3, 9-5:30
- 14 NCCAOM PDA's
- This course is appropriate for any student who have a basic understanding of the meridians.
We'll be lighting this up in:
Hands-on sensibility coupled with the power of moxa
Your Instructor For This Class
Oran Kivity is a veteran acupuncturist and international trainer from the UK, in practice since 1987. The founder of Sayoshi.com, the online directory of Japanese acupuncture, he has dedicated countless hours of clinical observation and study to integrate the knowledge of contemporary Japanese masters.
He is the author of Moxa in Motion with the Ontake Method, a step-by-step guide to these dynamic new Ontake moxibustion techniques that will have you reaching for your moxa as routinely as you do for your pins.
See you there
Qiological is delighted to be bringing you these seminars.
Please email if you have questions or want to be notified when the next class is scheduled.
And check out Oran's Facebook page on the Ontake method. There is some helpful background information and videos as well.