Ontake, Moxa in Motion
Ontake Method from Japan: the rhythmic application of heat and pressure with heated bamboo for mind-body healing.
The method can easily be integrated into any meridian based practice, whatever your style of acupuncture or bodywork may be.
A gentle blend of smoke, warmth, rhythm, resonance and presence
The Ontake method from Japan is an innovative technique using a piece of bamboo filled with burning moxa wool to roll, tap and press on the acupuncture meridians using a metronome programmed to each meridian’s frequency.
The rhythmic application of heat, frequency and pressure triggers rapid shifts in your patient's body condition and mood. The method can be integrated into any meridian based practice, whatever your style of acupuncture or bodywork may be.
Treating Anxiety with Ontake
By the end of this class you will be able to:
- Therapeutic effects of warm moxa when used in a bamboo tube coupled with rhythmic application
- List and apply the metronome frequencies for each meridian
- Understand the therapeutic application and value of Ontake techniques (Standing, rocking, rolling tapping, deep rolling, pressing, knocking, super knocking, leaning, etc.)
- Protocols to strengthen the root, treat the branch, and address pain based on the Ontake matrix and various mapping of the body on the extremities
- Understand concepts of dosage
Listen in to this podcast with Oran on the using the Ontake Warm Bamboo Method
Day 1: Saturday May 2nd, 9am – 5pm Central, 7 PDA pending
Day 2: Saturday May 9th , 9am – 5pm Central, 7 PDA pending
These are challenging times. We believe in the power of connection. Register now for:
- One hour follow up coaching session on Saturday, May 23. Join Oran to get deeper into the practical considerations of using Ontake in your practice.
- Complimentary access to the Qiological forum for 2 months. Discuss cases with fellow classmates.
- Replay will be extended to 60 days. Access the entire live streamed event.
A Bit of Fineprint
Forum 2 month complimentary access begins first day of class, May 2nd
Replay 60 day access begins the after the last day of class, May 9th
- 14 NCCAOM PDA's – pending
- Prerequisite: Basic understanding of the meridians.
We'll be lighting this up in:
Hands-on sensibility coupled with the power of moxa
Your Instructor For This Class
Oran Kivity is a veteran acupuncturist and international trainer from the UK, in practice since 1987. The founder of Sayoshi.com, the online directory of Japanese acupuncture, he has dedicated countless hours of clinical observation and study to integrate the knowledge of contemporary Japanese masters.
He is the author of Moxa in Motion with the Ontake Method, a step-by-step guide to these dynamic new Ontake moxibustion techniques that will have you reaching for your moxa as routinely as you do for your pins.
Check out Oran's Facebook page on the Ontake method.
See you there
There’s so much more to learning than just compelling course material. Live courses provide a wealth of opportunities for on-the-spot feedback, connection with colleagues and serendipity. Learn from seasoned instructors and your peers through inquiry and engaged discussions.
Be here with us.
Questions about the course? Get in touch.