Learning the basics of promoting or controlling the flow of qi through the Five Phases is an elemental part of every acupuncturist's training. We learn how the antique points can be used to nudge a response or invite a different kind of resonance into a patient's life.
The Korean Saam acupuncture tradition has been passed down through a lineage of monk/practitioners. It not only uses “wu xing” elemental qi transfer, but additionally blends it together with the the six conformations, yin/yang organ resonance, the yi jing, and constitutional body types.
A powerfully integrative method
The Korean Saam acupuncture tradition has been passed down through a lineage of monk practitioners. Basic Saam principles are easily grasped with an established foundation in Chinese medicine. Five Phase Qi transfer is blended together with the Six Conformations, Yin Yang organ resonance, the Yi Jing, and constitutional body types.
Use the patient's own proper physiology to bring about transformative healing. With an emphasis on diagnostic skills, you will gain helpful clinical insights into your patient’s condition. Gain skill in using the dynamics of the four-needle technique and the elemental transport points to create safe and effective treatments. Learn to diagnose and treat through model case studies and live presentations of student cases.
In this class you will learn
- The classical foundations of Saam acupuncture
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings from the Yi Jing, Su Wen, Five Phase and Six Conformation perspectives
- Learn and apply the diagnostic parameters of the Saam system
- Understand the clinical application of the counterbalanced organ pairs
- Recognize mistreatment and reverse it
- In depth evaluation and discussion of authentic clinical cases
Listen in to this first podcast with Toby on the Saam method
A unique opportunity to study and learn
Join Us on the Real-Time Lifestream
- We will be livestreaming this course on the same dates and will air at
- 8am Pacific Time
- 9am Mountain Time
- 10am Central Time
- 11am Eastern Time
- This course is appropriate for any student who has a solid understanding organ function, five phase relationships and a basic understanding of the six conformations.
- We will be offering two scholarship positions to new practitioners that have been in practice for 18 months or less, and have an innovative vision for how they would like to apply this work.
- To apply, please read the application guidelines, and then contact us with your response.
- Live stream the class
- Replay is available for 60 days after the class
Join us for this introductory class in:
This isn't a microsystem— it's the macro system
Your Instructor For This Class
I began studying Chinese medicine in 1997 with Sunim Doam, a Korean monk trained in the Saam tradition. In 2002, I earned a master's degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine upon completion of training at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco and Chengdu University in China.
During my four years of training in San Francisco, I interned with Dr. Angela Wu who taught me how to apply the lofty theories I was studying in school into the pragmatic setting of a busy clinic.
In 2013, I developed the Chinese Nutritional Strategies app to provide digital access to the wealth of Chinese dietary wisdom. In 2016, proving once again that some people never learn, I completed a PhD in Classical Chinese Medicine under the guidance of 88th generation Daoist priest Jeffery Yuen.
My current focus is on sharing my 20 years of clinical experience with the Saam tradition.
See you there
Qiological is delighted to be bringing you these seminars.
Please email if you have questions or want to be notified when the next class if scheduled
And check out Toby's other podcasts on the website. They will give you a good background on what you can expect to learn with us in these sessions on medicine from the heart.