Considering Blood Stasis
The words “qi and blood stasis” frequently work their way into our diagnosis of a patient's situation. But getting blood stasis from the realm of theory and into our perceptual vocabulary takes some practice. And this can be quite helpful especially when working with cases that don't resolve the way we think they should.
In this conversation we look into how the long term effects of blood stasis can cause problems 5, 10, 20 years down the road that become baffling as the usual stuff just doesn't work. Or makes things worse.
Listen in for how paying attention to this commonly seen problem in clinic can help you to improve clinical results and unwind some knotty problems.
In This Conversation We Discuss
- Obvious signs of blood stasis, what to look for
- The critical importance of understanding pathomechanism
- A case study with Xue Fu Zhu Yu Tang in the treatment of PTSD
- Deficiency taxation and the use of da huang si chong wan, a case for why you should not be afraid of using bugs in the treatment of blood stasis
- Distinguishing a healing crisis from mistreatment
NCCAOM PDA: 1.5