Communicating with Qi
- Learn about the core skills needed to use body-friendly language successfully.
- Understand what Clean Language is and why it’s advantageous in the therapeutic relationship
- Discover how mindful movement practices, like Dao Yin, help you cultivate many of the core skills you need to embody the principles and practice of Clean Language.
Lesson 1: Qi is a Relationship
- Learn how to work mindfully to cultivate rapport with yourself through Dao Yin movement, observation and a few Clean Questions
- Discover how to cultivate a respectful, secure connection with your patient, one that invites them to feel safe exploring their own internal experience.
- Foster an attitude of curiosity toward your patient’s experience by asking one powerful Clean Question, “And is there anything else about that?”
Lesson 2: Mind, Matter, and Metaphor
- Practice how to be present with what comes up in the present.
- Discover how apt the body-mind is to offer up a metaphor and how you can work with metaphor to elicit deeper understanding, awareness, and insight.
- Learn how to invite your patient into the realm of metaphor through the clean question “and that x is like what?”
- Learn the five key Clean questions that help your clients follow these threads to discover the inner resources they are looking for.
Lesson 3: The Outcome Question
- Use Clean Language to assist patients in discovering what they really want and empower their motivation and self-healing processes.
- Help your patient get to ‘yes.’ When a person learns the power of accepting the problem and imagining what they would really like to have happen, then step-by-step they begin to embody that healthier life and live it in the now.
Lesson 4: Structuring a Clean Conversation
- Discover how clean collaboration will clarify your diagnosis and make your work more effective in the time you have
- Learn the five principles of structuring a clean session
- Investigate how you might best structure your initial visit for you and your patient in terms of time and office environment, and your presence
- Gather take-aways so patients can support themselves at home
Closing: Integration and Coaching
- Develop confidence in using Clean Language as a coaching tool
- Learn how the Closing Questions empower your patients to set their own objectives
- Clarify and commit to your personal goals in using Clean Language in your practice
This course will be hosted on Zoom. A link will be emailed to you upon registration completion.
To ensure that you receive notifications from us, please add email@example.com to your contacts.
|Eastern||10am – 12:30pm||10am – 1:15pm||10am – 1:15pm||10am – 1:15pm||10am – 1:15pm||10am – 12:30pm|
|Central||9am – 11:30am||9am – 12:15pm||9am – 12:15pm||9am – 12:15pm||9am – 12:15pm||9am – 11:30am|
|Mountain||8am – 10:30am||8am – 11:15am||8am – 11:15am||8am – 11:15am||8am – 11:15am||8am – 10:30am|
|Pacific||7am – 9:30am||7am – 10:15am||7am – 10:15am||7am – 10:15am||7am – 10:15am||7am – 9:30am|
Participation in this Qiological course and its resources, constitutes your agreement to this disclaimer.
The information contained in this course is educational in nature. Participating in this course does not constitute a therapeutic relationship between the Qiological and instructors with course participants. Information presented in this course is not intended as a substitute for seeking professional healthcare advice. Qiological and course instructors accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of the information provided in this course, including links to other resources.