Clear all

Paradoxical Treatments

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I watched with some bewilderment during this class.  It seems that a few of the treatments had conflicting point prescriptions:

A few times the SI+ and the LI+ were used in the same treatment.  SI+ uses SI 3+ and SI 2- and LI+ uses SI 5-.  Supplementing SI 3 supplements the Wood in the Fire, but draining SI 5 drains the fire.

Another case had PC+ and KI+ used in the same treatment.  PC+ uses KI 10- and KI + uses KI 3- and KI 7+.  Supplementing PC drains the water from KI, but supplementing KI 7 supplements the metal in KI.

Is there a way that this can be explained without causing a contradiction?

(@georgemandler)
Active Member Registered

I asked this question when I started out, but clinical results rule over getting stuck in theoretical weeds.   In the tradition as Toby Daly teaches we see these contradictions often.  SI+/LI+ is a common pairing, especially for low back pain.    LR+/PC+ or LR+/HT+ is a common pairing one drains KD10 the other supplements.    SJ+/PC+, SI+/ST+ goes on and on.   I see that viewing it from only a 5-element lens misses the brilliance of this system as it is built on the 6 Conformations as well.  

ReplyQuote
Share: