Notifications
Clear all

strongly excess - super power - need for balance?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@user54fef02e)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

The question was asked, "When someone present a strongly excess in one or more of the channels, should we balance it when there are no issues and it is their super power?"  This is interesting to me because one of our jobs and our super power in EAM is to maintain wellness and prevent illness or injuries from arising.  If the excess in an athlete per se is not address, to me, it seems that there would be increased possibility of injury along the excess channel pathway.  Hypothetically speaking, by balancing out the excess, we could avoid future injuries.  I would love to hear your thoughts. 

(@mm)
Member Admin

I think we are sliding into the ethical issues here. 

We are taught to find imbalance and correct it. We are trained to find pathology, and remedy it. 

In the case of the Olympic athletes Sharon shared in the presentation, these people had wildly strong imbalances. It is part of what makes them who they are, and gives them the capacity to compete at the level they do. To perform at that level, they might need the "imbalances" we as practitioners would term excessive. And thus problematic in the long run. 

People that perform at exceptional levels have some kind of 'imbalance' that allows them to do what they do. 

I have a relative. World class musician. Practices 8 hours a day. Has a temperament where the music MUST BE PERFECT. It makes him quite pessimistic in life, because NOTHING is ever quite right.  And it's what allows him to work material into sublime perfection. There is the emotional cost. But he plays world class music. 

What I'm saying is, people come to us with problems they have not been able to solve on their own. As a practitioner I think I should respect that there are aspects of them that I see could be causing suffering, or might effect who they are in the future.... but that is not why they came to me. 

But back to the videos for a moment. I really enjoyed them and considering observing the various organ archetypes play in out in "daily life" because sometimes it's just nice to appreciate the complex of who people are. And for me as a practitioner, not always be looking for pathology.

ReplyQuote
Share: