Clear all

Great presentation, Daniel!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@empiricalpoint)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I really enjoyed it! Thanks for your thoughtful presentation.

kwisgirda
(@kwisgirda)
Member Moderator

Thanks for your presentation Daniel. 

Your quote from Goethe is the perfect companion to a quote that Toby uses from George Washington Carver:

Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough. Not only have I found that when I talk to the little flower or to the little peanut they will give up their secrets, but I have found that when I silently commune with people they give up their secrets also – if you love them enough.

Goethe: One comes to know nothing beyond what one Loves. And the deeper and more complete the knowledge, the stronger, more powerful and living, must be one’s Love. 

The beautiful case of the man with the traumatic memory where you needled SJ+ and had him treat himself with fatherly love ( a combo of K+ and H+) made me think about how we can prescribe or treat with Saam qualities without needling.  Were you consciously aware that he had adequate Kidney and Heart love to be able to treat himself this way? As practitioners, we are constantly called to embody qualities that counterbalance our patient's excesses just to make our clinic run smoothly, eg bringing some cool water to our boundaries with the hypertalkative heart excess who wants to find out how you are doing.

The case of the shoulder pain improved by P+ disliking confinement has me reflecting on how sometimes patients crave the qualities that  counterbalance their excess and sometimes they resist those same qualities.  

ReplyQuote
schulman81
(@schulman81)
Trusted Member Customer

thank you empiricalpoint

ReplyQuote
schulman81
(@schulman81)
Trusted Member Customer

@kwisgirda yes and yes!!  I find I often have to  bring qualities to the conversation to counter what is overhwelming the conversation!!  or at the very least, not feed it.  To your last point, so so true and sometimes both at the same time, craving some qualities and resisting others simultaneously, all in some likely somewhat subconscious attempt to balance the excesses and deficiencies . . . we do seem to often be seeking compensation in one form or another!  And yes, that patient had recently become a father himself and was throughly enjoying it and fully engaged with all it takes . . .  so I ran with that.

This post was modified 2 months ago by schulman81

ReplyQuote
Share: