Jing Fang categorization and Saam

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@bruechasiatische-medizin-com)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Phil,

I just want to congratulate you to your great presentation. I think it is a major endeavor trying to bring together those two systems and showing their correspondance or non-correspondance areas. Although, in your presentation I find some differences about the Saam typing or climatic energies in contrast to what I learned it is a very good reference to which herbal formulas might fit to a certain Saam idea of diagnosis and vice-versa. For a long time I thought it is a kind of disadvantage of Saam in relation to "standard TCM" style diagnosis that as a pracitioner you have to think, search and consider according to two systems at the same time when you do acupuncture and herbs. ( I mean other than in using the herbal style diagnosis from TCM and apply them also to acupuncture which is the "standard TCM" approach.)

Your scheme helps to overcome this issue to some extent. Of course "standard TCM" diagnosis is not so much covering or referring to the herbal formulas families and the typing of Dr. Huang but it is a wonderful tool you started to build here. I am always happy about anything that helps to decrease the fuzzines of Asian medicine.

I will definetly use some of your categorization of herbs in my clinical work.

Best regards Andreas

Share: