Clear all

Twelve Watersheds

7 Posts
3 Users
5 Reactions
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I found this class to be one of the better classes that I've taken over the years.

I loved the fact that Toby Daly used these images of the watersheds to represent the 12 channels.  I'm only a bit fuzzy on the distinction between the image of the SI and the KI where both represent the pyroclastic flow mingling with the ocean.  I get the idea that when they meet they form new substance for the islands.  I am a bit unclear about how the SI (which is supposed to be opposite) is a different mingling of pyroclastic flow and ocean water.

Joshua Park reacted
(@toby-daly)
Active Member Customer

I'm so glad you enjoyed the class.

<I'm only a bit fuzzy on the distinction between the image of the SI and the KI where both represent the pyroclastic flow mingling with the ocean.  I get the idea that when they meet they form new substance for the islands.  I am a bit unclear about how the SI (which is supposed to be opposite) is a different mingling of pyroclastic flow and ocean water.>

Kid and SI are both comprised of fire and water so pyroclastic flows meeting the ocean is a good macroscopic representation for both. Since Kid is a yin organ system the fire and water fuse and combine to make more land (material yin). Since SI is a yang organ system the fire and water dynamically collide and hurtle away from each other (functional yang).

Hope this helps,

T

Joshua Park reacted
ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@toby-daly That does clear things up.  So, the KI astringes and consolidates and the SI disperses?

Joshua Park reacted
ReplyQuote
(@toby-daly)
Active Member Customer

@waltem8 <So, the KI astringes and consolidates and the SI disperses?>

Exactly. The Kid consolidates throughout the whole body but especially in the lower abdomen. The SI dynamically disperses everything throughout the whole body but especially old stuck blood.

Joshua Park reacted
ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@toby-daly Cool, thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@ashwontok)
Eminent Member Registered

Makes me consider say fertility? It would be great to supplement SI and move stagnations of old stuck blood...then reinforcing and consolidating KI/supp ready for/supporting fertility?

ReplyQuote
(@toby-daly)
Active Member Customer

@ashwontok 

<Makes me consider say fertility?>

Yes the SI/Kid dynamic is especially important for addressing infertility.

<It would be great to supplement SI and move stagnations of old stuck blood>

Yes

<...then reinforcing and consolidating KI/supp ready for/supporting fertility?>

Exactly

Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: