Clear all

LV-GB-PC-SJ

6 Posts
3 Users
3 Reactions
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I'm interested in this topic, what Philip Suger called the Circuit of Heaven.

I found an article that Toby Daly wrote in which he states that the LV has strong inward wind that is contemplative.  That GB has outward movement of Qi and outward wind which is aggressive.  That PC is inward wind and outer Fire which is intelligent.  SJ has outward movement of Qi and Fire which has piercing concentration on external objects. 

The above seems, to me, as a bit nebulous.  What is a "contemplative" or "intelligent" person?  What does it mean when someone has "piercing concentration on external objects"?  The only one of these that I do understand is the aggression.

And, as a "by the way", what does a lovey HT person act like, Pepe Le Pew?

Ashley Dean reacted
(@jpark)
Active Member Registered

I think Sharon Sherman's presentation today (which I'm looking forward to on the replay!) is going to clarify this. It's also something I will discuss in my presentation next week.

But just as a rough overview -

Toby has taught that a useful "archetype" for the Pericardium is a librarian, or someone with encyclopedic knowledge. The inward movement of intelligence is essentially the function of memory, and so tonifying the Pericardium Channel can help with memory loss, dementia, etc. A nice hack for students is to stimulate PC9 before an exam to aid with studying and memory recall.

For the San Jiao, "piercing outward concentration" can manifest in different ways. One archetype Toby has mentioned in his classes is a monk who has honed their concentration to such an extent that they can perceive every drop of dew on every blade of grass as they walk through a courtyard.

Also, while the PC governs the inward movement of awareness and knowledge (and thus remembering), the SJ governs the outward movement of awareness and knowledge, and thus it governs forgetting and letting go. It can be used to help people release memories of traumatic events and is often good for clearing the mind and helping with what Kim Hong Kyung called "mental constipation".

A "lovey Heart type" can be thought of in many ways. It could be someone who is always selflessly giving of themselves to their community. Somebody like Mother Theresa could be thought of as embodying that Heart archetype in a healthy way. 

Pepe Le Pew could be considered either Kidney Excess or Heart Excess. Either way he could probably benefit from the "cold shower" effect of the Urinary Bladder jeong gyeok (!)

Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
(@toby-daly)
Active Member Customer

<I found an article that Toby Daly wrote in which he states that the LV has strong inward wind that is contemplative.  That GB has outward movement of Qi and outward wind which is aggressive.  That PC is inward wind and outer Fire which is intelligent.  SJ has outward movement of Qi and Fire which has piercing concentration on external objects. 

The above seems, to me, as a bit nebulous.  What is a "contemplative" or "intelligent" person?>

contemplative = attention directed inwardly and oblivious to external social cues

intelligent = avoids arguments but if cornered they will calmly discuss with words and avoid physical altercations

<What does it mean when someone has "piercing concentration on external objects"?>

They are hyper aware of their external environment, especially social cues

<The only one of these that I do understand is the aggression.>

Because you live in 'merica?

<And, as a "by the way", what does a lovey HT person act like, Pepe Le Pew?>

Potentially. Love for others when it is in excess could be stalking or taking care of others to an extreme and to your own detriment.

Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
(@toby-daly)
Active Member Customer

@jpark Thanks Joshua! I started answering this question and then got pulled away. I posted my answer and then saw that you'd replied.

ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@toby-daly Thank you for your clarification.  Are these the phlgematic (LV), melancholic (PC), sanguine (SJ), and choleric (GB) temperaments, then?

Posted by: @toby-daly

Because you live in 'merica?

🤣 😆 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@jpark I was not able to sit for the live Sharon Sherman class.  I will have to wait for the replay.

Thank you for your clarification.

Posted by: @jpark

Pepe Le Pew could be considered either Kidney Excess or Heart Excess. Either way he could probably benefit from the "cold shower" effect of the Urinary Bladder jeong gyeok (!)

😀 🤣 😆 

Why would he be considered KI replete?  Because the fire of the Shao Yin is steaming the water of KI?

ReplyQuote
Share: