Clear all

Drain LU vs Reverse LU JG

3 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
(@fang-cai)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello Hon, thanks for your fantastic presentation, and for sharing so much accumulated knowledge. I am trying to understand this concept of "reverse LU JG" (and whether these "reverse" principals apply to/can be used with all the other JG-type treatments?): it seems like the reverse LU JG is needling the typical LU+ points, but in opposite fashion: normally tonify LU9 and SP3, now sedate LU9 and SP3. normally sedate LU10 and HT8, now tonify. And the actions of this treatment seems to be to clear lung excess.

So how do you think of this kind of clearing LU excess vs a LU- treatment (tonify HT8+ LU10+, sedate KD10- LU5-)? is it a matter of severity? or would you choose these treatments for specific types of clearing?

Thank you!

fang cai

Ashley Dean reacted
(@bruechasiatische-medizin-com)
Eminent Member Customer

Hello Fang Cai,

I might try to answer your question. Reverse Lu JG is a treatment especially targeting phlegm and dampness in the Lung. Phlegm and dampness in the Lung might be categorized as an excess state and therefore LU SG might be a possible strategy.

However, by reversing the Five Element logic in Lung JG we are targeting Phlegm and Dampness more directly. It means to tonify Fire (and in that way reduce phlegm by drying it with Heat) and sedate Earth directly and therefore reduce dampness. Since it involves treating the Lung meridican as it's main target it is especially suited for phlegm in the respiratory system.

In my experience you can use it for it's intended indication without much hesitation and thinking about alternatives. It is quite effective.

Best regards

Andreas

Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fang-cai)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Andreas,

thanks so much for responding. what you say makes perfect sense and I can see how reverse Lung JG would be useful for phlegm in the lungs.

But I'm still unclear about how to differentiate between reverse Lung JG (Tonify LU10 HT8, sedate LU9 SP3) vs. Drain Lung treatment (tonify HT8 LU10, sedate KD10 LU5). In theory, both can reduce inner damp especially in the lungs. Is there a difference in clinical picture that would make you select one vs the other of these treatments? what is the clinical difference of sedating the Mother vs sedating the Child of the lung?

Based on what you said, is reverse LU JG *very specific* for clearing phlegm in the lungs; vs Drain Lung being a more general clearing of Lung excess (phlegm in lungs plus dry exterior, lack of descending, excessive holding on of resources)?

I'm just trying to figure out on what types of patients I would select one versus the other.

Thank you again. I super enjoyed your presentation as well!

fang cai

This post was modified 1 month ago by fang cai

Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: