Notifications
Clear all

Part of My 'Reaction' to Layerings and Additions to Treatments

22 Posts
8 Users
16 Reactions
(@ashwontok)
Eminent Member Registered

@bruechasiatische-medizin-com Hi There 🙂 ...great discussion! Can I ask...(in the last paragraph)...what would you consider the 'central point' of the selected meridian? 

Possibly a He-Sea for the counterflow in meridian? 

ReplyQuote
(@bruechasiatische-medizin-com)
Eminent Member Customer

@ashwontok Hello Ashley,

From the Saam four points I consider the most "central point" the point on the own meridian according to the promotion cycle. So in the Jeong Gyeok (tonification) combo it is the mother point on the own meridian (tonify), in the Seung Gyeok (sedation) combo it is the son point on the own meridian (sedate).

Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jpark)
Active Member Registered

@waltem8 I practiced Master Tung and 'Balance Method' before I studied Saam and it's still very common for me to consider imaging and channel relationships in my treatments.

For example, yesterday I successfully treated a right sided Shaoyang headache with the Lung jeong gyeok (SP3+ LU9+ ; LU10- HT8-). From a Saam perspective, LU+ treats problems on the right side of the body. From a channel / imaging perspective, Hand Shaoyin treats Foot Shaoyang, and the hand images the head, so HT8- should eliminate a GB channel headache .... it worked immediately! I chose the LU+ for constitutional reasons, but it also just so happened that this lined up with a symptomatic complaint as well. It's very interesting to me how much this tends to happen with Saam treatments.

waltem8 and Ashley Dean reacted
ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator

@jpark 

Now, the stuff that Tan taught would not say that LU treats GB as they don't have any "connection."  I happen to believe that they do.  I have used a combination like this:

Left LU GB (3rd and 6th points)

Right LI LV (3rd and 6th points)

This is based on a hypothetical system where the top 2 bars of the trigrams balance each other.

I'm interested in the idea that LU+ treats problems on the right.  Dr. Kuon stated that the Zang treatment formulae are for people who have problems on the left but the needling is performed on the right.  And, that the Fu treatment formulae are for people who have problems on the right but the needling is performed on the left.

Joshua Park reacted
ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator

Posted by: @jpark

Hand Shaoyin treats Foot Shaoyang, and the hand images the head, so HT8- should eliminate a GB channel headache .... it worked immediately!

As I've said to a doctor who practices in California that we both know, "The Imaging is already inherent in the 4 Needle Technique!"

Joshua Park reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jpark)
Active Member Registered

@waltem8 That is fascinating and I really like the Wood & Metal I Ching treatment!

I think there is a very close connection between the Lung and Gallbladder as well. Even if we just consider channel pathways, the Gallbladder channel traverses the ribs which house the lungs, and I've always seen the GB sinew channel as including many of the intercostal muscles. I think is one reason for Master Tung's Wai San Guan (77.27) on the GB channel is in the nerve / reaction area of the Lung.

In Saam acupuncture the Lung Jeong Gyeok (LU+) treats right sided problems, and is preferentially needled on the left, and the Liver Jeong Gyeok (LV+) treats left sided problems, and is preferentially treated on the right. That said I generally like to see other signs and symptoms that point for either the LU+ or LV+ treatment aside from just what side the problem is on, but it's amazing how often things line up clinically, i.e. patients with Liver or San Jiao channel problems worse on the left side or Lung or Stomach channel problems worse on the right side...

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Joshua Park

ReplyQuote
(@waltem8)
Member Moderator

@jpark That's a great point about GB channel traversing the lungs.  🤩

Joshua Park reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: